Wednesday 27 July 2011

Facts : One Word can have a lot of meanings

As I browsed thru to look for more top and weird news for my another blog, I ran into an blog with it's post entitled "I eat pussy to survive" and it circled right to the middle word "Pussy". what you have in mind when you first saw this. For me, undoubtedly i definitely thought of a girl's pussy. I'm sorry I can stop to think of it. So I clicked and saw a newspaper photo of a guy eating a so-called pussy. Pussy is a cat and i forgot people do use it but very rare here in my place. So what I want to emphasize today is that, English Words are wonderful and can easily be used in a lots of sentences. In English, this rule is called Homograph. 

asiantown
Homograph is not an easy thing to use whenever you want to write something for lots of people to read. i might just get them confused all the times or get them to think sideways. I once encountered this when I did my practical somewhere on the west side of my country, when I can hardly used homograph in my class. The students can rarely understand because in their mind the word means this and it's only that. For example the word 'fine' it's always means good day for them rather than can be used as "fine" to define "police summon'. So I did try my best to overcome this but somehow it's not that easy. It's either I rubbed off what they know about the word which is not good or I need to force them to include this meaning in their head. Finally i decided to use another word to replace every single of it to make it easier for them.

So what I am trying to tell you that, our life is like 'homograph'. One word has a lots of meaning. It's more to what you think life would be to you. Is it all about money and work or enjoy or life is about love and compassion. Having good money doesn't meant total happiness in life too. This is what our world so stressful every single day. So every seconds in your life please do precious it and think how you want your life to. What your 'life' really means? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Geng Stress